Juraj's Personal Website
Just like the 90s, but with Bootstrap!
Juraj Dončević MSc. is a PhD student and teaching assistant at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Zagreb. He is currently employed at the Department for Applied Computing.
Currently focused on researching software architecture, software design, data management, bidirectionalization and functional programming. Long-standing organizer of the Open Doors Day at FER for the Department of Applied Computing, promoting STEM to younger students. Proficient in multiple programming languages and techonologies. Currently working on his PhD thesis: "Extension of the mediator-wrapper architecture for heterogeneous data source integration by adding a mask".
He is interested in:
- Software architectures
- Software design
- Data management
- Functional programming
- Bidirectional transformations
- Category theory
- Type theory
- Frameworks: .NET (ASP, WPF), Spring, Express.js, Django, Flask
- Databases:MSSQL, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDb, Sqlite, LiteDb
- Specialized libraries: ANTLR4
A heterogeneous data source integration and management system
PhD thesis experimental project... AND BEYOND
A scriptable web crawler and scraper with a rudimentary language called CrawlLang implemented with ANTLR4
A law office court files simulator for secondary school students
As presented at CUC 2019
A monolithic heterogeneous database integration system with an experimental GlobalSQL query language implemented with ANTLR4
Master's thesis project
- Dončević, J., Fertalj, K., Brčić, M., & Krajna, A. (2023). Mask–Mediator–Wrapper: A Revised Mediator–Wrapper Architecture for Heterogeneous Data Source Integration. Applied Sciences, 13(4), Article 4. https://doi.org/10.3390/app13042471
- Krajna, A., Brcic, M., Lipic, T., & Doncevic, J. (2022). Explainability in reinforcement learning: Perspective and position (arXiv:2203.11547). arXiv. https://doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2203.11547
- Dončević, J., Fertalj, K., Brčić, M., & Kovač, M. (2022). Mask-Mediator-Wrapper architecture as a Data Mesh driver (arXiv:2209.04661). arXiv. https://doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2209.04661
- Dončević, J., & Fertalj, K. (2020). Database Integration Systems. 2020 43rd International Convention on Information, Communication and Electronic Technology (MIPRO), 1617–1622. //doi.org/10.23919/MIPRO48935.2020.9245245
- D. Mlinarić, V. Mornar and J. Dončević, "Ranking model for dormitory admission process," 2022 45th Jubilee International Convention on Information, Communication and Electronic Technology (MIPRO), 2022, pp. 1088-1092, doi: 10.23919/MIPRO55190.2022.9803654.